Why did Google Chrome just show up on my computer?

It was uninvited and unannounced and has really messed up my email.  I want to get rid of it but then what will happen?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you recently downloaded and installed a program, then chances are that is how it got installed. Sometimes, the installer of a program will ask if you want to install other supplemental programs, like a "helper" tool, web browser, etc. If you don't pay attention and just blindly click "next" or "continue", then you probably accepted the defaults, which include downloading and installing other programs in addition to the main program.

I don't understand what Chrome has to do with messing up your email.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You downloaded and installed another program and did not UN TIC the Box that installed Chrome. Chrome did not mess up your email.  You have some other problem with your email.

• 1 month ago

You probably installed it yourself like the anonymous said since you're an idiot. Have a great day.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Who knows with Google, they are internet bandits.

My guess is that you installed a program and clicked 'Yes' to everything to install it without bothering to read the questions it was asking. Therefore You Did install it yourself!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dave
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Baloney. YOU did something that installed Chrome, it cannot just magically appear. It has ZERO affect on your email, Chrome is just a web browser.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you'll find out after you get rid of it what will happen

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.