Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 8 months ago

Aren't you happy that there's finally a medication to treat social deficits in autism ?

There's this new medication called Balovaptan, used to treat social deficits in autism, it will available on the market in 2020 or either 2021, Aren't you happy

No, because I don't need to be medicated. What needs to happen instead is that society needs to become more accepting of me and people like me, who are mildly Autistic. We aren't "sick" and we aren't "broken". We don't need to be "fixed" by drugging us out of our minds. You can't MEDICATE your way out of Autism.

I have Asperger's. I will look into this stuff. It won't be available on the market until well after 2021. Probably more like 2035. I hope I don't have to wait that long- if the evidence supports that it works, I will try to purchase it online from a chemical supply company.

yes, and maybe i should get checked for aspergers, i might need some meds

autism is made up...its the human condition that needs curing

Intriguing, though it looks like even 2021 is optimistic, and it's probably not the best idea yet to induce possibly false hopes. But, thanks for that info!