Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 3 weeks ago

Is it theoretically possible to cure Cancer?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

I had bone cancer in 2002. So far, so good. I had triple negative breast cancer in 1011. Still here.

In both cases I had very aggressive treatment.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It's presently not possible (theoretically or otherwise) to "cure" cancer. There are over 200 different forms of cancers, and it's not possible to "cure" them all. They can all be treated; but treatment isn't a "cure". 

If would be possible to "cure" cancer, if medical science and research could develop a vaccine that that would PREVENT cancer in the first place. But, that wouldn't be a "cure"; it would be a preventative.

Even if a cancer vaccine was developed and if you weren't vaccinated against cancer, you could still develop cancer - just as you can develop polio if you're not vaccinated again polio. 

• LAN
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It would be more accurate to say effectively tre a than cure.  Many cancers can be treated if caught early enough.

• CharP
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You can kill cancer cells & be in remission with treatment but there is no cure yet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Steve Grohman claimed that cancer has been cured by hyperbaric chamber therapy.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No. Not for the next 500 years at least

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

While doctors and scientists hesitate to use the word 'cure' many cancers ARE curable if treated early or are of a particularly treatable type. 

(If you have a stage one breast lump removed, and 40 years later there is still no evidence of recurrence ... for all practical purposes you are cured.)

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

not right now but maybe in the future

• 3 weeks ago

not right now but maybe someday

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Probably not if it's spread a lot.  But if caught early enough yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.