Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 8 months ago

Can you hunt rabbits with a .458 Winchester magnum?

• F

Does it leave any rabbit?

I could, but I wouldn't! Kind of silly spending all that extra money for something a 22 can do.

Weak

What I say is if it doesn't scar the landscape, it's not powerful enough. Try a grenade launcher, a bulldozer or better yet, chemical weapons 

The trick is to only terrorise small animals and you're not breaking the Geneva conventions

Source(s): My sleep paralysis denon

Sure,,why not. A quick death for a rabbit.

Yes.

It especially helps with tenderization and will pre-clean and cut the meat into smaller pieces... all at the same time! Win-win.

I know it will be sufficient for cotttontail, but I have not personally used it on our larger snowshoe rabbits.

• Bill

not if you want something left worth eating

• John

I would prefer using a Weatherby .460 Magnum.

yes, but factory loads may result in a bit of fur and tail about only thing left- or a rabbit with .45 hole straight through and further holes in police car.  For usable small game load in that cartridge- a lead round ball as used for black powder revolver or rifle, 10 grains unique or near same pistol powder topped with fiber wad to hold powder close to primer and then the round ball in neck of cartridge. stab crimp to hold ball and some bullet lube to fill front of case over bullet. this will give usable single shot load for large bore rifle, would need a couple test shots for adjusting sights. about as serious a answer for silly questions as you're going to get. The handloaded round balls in big game cartridges for small game in field or pest control when large bore rifle is only rifle available has been discussed several times in hunting magazines. 

Too much overkill and if you're caught have fun explaining it to a Game Warden.