Is Marilyn Monroe the most respected female actress?

If not then who? Im thinking maybe Julianne Moore, but some people say shes overrated and just hype.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

She is undoubtedly Hollywood's most famous and easily recognizable ICON......... but I don't believe she's regarded as any sort of amazing actress. 

Meryl Streep has 3 Oscars, and has been NOMINATED literally dozens of times. 

many believe they won't give her the 4th oscar,  because that would mean  TYING  Katherine Hepburn's  record of  4. 

and Katherine Hepburn, is held in the highest regard as the greatest actress of all time. 

But it seems inevitable that Streep will eventually win a 4th.........even if it's just a Lifetime Achievement  Oscar.......which she will surely be honored with some day. 

So that will mean, at least TYING with the Greatest Actress of all time,   if she doesn't actually surpass her, one of these days.

and many believe,  Streep was utterly ROBBED some years,  and should probably have at least  6 or 7 Oscars by now. 

• 4 weeks ago

No, she's just one of the most well known.

• 4 weeks ago

Marilyn Monroe was a childhood sexual abuse survivor gaslighted by an evil world into thinking her only worth was in her sexuality. She was addicted to painkillers. She could not bond with men. She was in love with a woman. She had a tragic, short, horrible life, exploited by many. Who gave her respect? If any God exists, I hope those who tormented her got theirs in hell. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

"Respected"?! Are you a man? Do you have a dictionary? Lust isn't respect.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You've never heard of Bernhart or Garbo?

• 4 weeks ago

Meryl Streep

Mary Louise "Meryl" Streep is an American actress. Often described as the "best actress of her generation", Streep is particularly known for her versatility and accents. Nominated for a record 21 Academy Awards, she has won three. Among other accolades, she has received 31 Golden Globe nominations, winning eight. Wikipedia

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Is? You mean was. She's been dead since the 60's and was mainly known as a sex symbol, not a highly respected actress. Some people regard Meryl Streep as the greatest living actress, but I've been unimpressed with her in a lot of movies. 

• 4 weeks ago

Marylin Monroe is best known for her beauty and sexiness, but she wasn't a great actress (actually she's known mostly for her comic roles, like in Seven Year Itch and Some Like it Hot).

Julianne Moore is a very good actress.  Been in a lot of things. Shows a lot of range.

I would say the most respected female actress today is Meryl Streep.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Hardly, you must live in a cave in middle of nowhere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.