Ray asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 3 weeks ago

How is Bill Gates still making money if he's no longer the CEO of Microsoft?

Update:

He just topped Jeff Bezos as the world richest man. How?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

He has a couple shares of stock, and likely other investments. Geez, do you think he was living paycheck to paycheck?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

He's probably got some saved up here and there, and he might be taking Social Security as well (age: 64, can you take it then?). He also has a foundation that like throws money at poor people and stuff so that's a legitimate business where he probably takes a cut.

• 3 weeks ago

Investments.

I'm not even sure if he is still "making" money; he might just be living off what he already made.

• 3 weeks ago

As far as I'm aware:

1) Amazon stocks took a nose-dive recently from what i remember seeing in my news feeds.

2) Bill Gates still owns stock in Microsoft + many other things too (and is apparently buds with Warren Buffet).... one list I've seen suggests Bill Gates owns stock in:

- Walmart (11.6million shares)

- Caterpillar Inc. (11.2million shares)

- Canadian National Railroad (17.1million shares)

- FedEx (3million shares)

- Liberty Global

- Berkshire Hathaway

• Just have a share dealing account, put the appropriate amount of money in it, place an order. But learn from "The Motley Fool" (fool.com) + Investopedia first.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

He has Microsoft stock, and the stock pays dividends. He also has a multibillion dollar investment account that would yield dividends and capital gains.

• John3 weeks agoReport

Call your stock broker, and tell him you would like to buy 10 billion shares of Microsoft.  One share will cost you $149.97, so multiply that by 10 billion, and get out your checkbook.  Of course, if you're like most of us, you can't.

• 3 weeks ago

He still owns shares in M$, and gets dividends

• L. E. Gant
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

When he dies, the shares will be part of his estate, which will get inherited, so, yes, "he" willearn dividends indefinitely.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.