Something feels...off. What do these symptoms mean?

For context, I'm 16 years old. I weigh 95 pounds, and I'm 5'2". For the past few months I have not been feeling like myself. My symptoms include:

~ massive stomachaches (feels like stomach is on fire)

~ trouble swallowing (as if esophagus is swollen)

~ falling asleep suddenly (recently I've been falling asleep while sitting up with objects in hand and in public/noisy situations)

~ ringing in ears (no pattern identified)

~ inability to vomit (I've thrown up at least once a month my whole life, but in the past few months I have been unable to throw up)

~ heart abnormalities (feels like heart is being squeezed; heart rate jumps suddenly, even while lying or sitting down; often woken up by these pains)

~ blurry vision (comes on suddenly)

~ brain fogginess (several times a day my brain "shivers"; unable to identify a pattern, but it feels like mind is shaking or water is being poured on it, often followed by loss of memory of the past few minutes)

~ queasiness (similar to feeling malnourished, however, I've been feeling like this even when I'm well fed)

~ blackouts (eyes go suddenly completely black and then gradually fade back into light)

~ horrific nightmares (almost always include murder, kidnapping, and rape, and are often set in ancient times unfamiliar to me)

~ bloody noses (nearly every day, painful, feels like head is being crushed in)

~ involuntary emotional expression (sudden laughter or crying at strange times, unable to control)

What's wrong with me? :(

I've already seen a doctor and he just told me to eat more salt. That wasn't super helpful.

Best Answer

Try seeing a gastroenterologist. They are specialists that will look at the gastrointestinal tract, and you might get your answers.  It sounds possibly like an ulcer or acid reflux.  But this will need to be confirmed through a number of tests before they can confirm specifically what it is.

I have most of these symptoms but I don't think that my problem is related to yours. Try a different doctor maybe

As a medical doctor ... I say go get another doctor's opinion.

• audrey

You are probably malnourished. You're way underweight. See your doctor!

You can't really get a diagnosis from yahoo,if your feeling that bad then you should be asking your doctor.

• Anna Belle3 weeks agoReport

Haha I wouldn't be asking Yahoo if I hadn't already talked to a doctor. My doctor just told me to eat more salt...

I’m not a doctor so I can’t help . However those symptoms sound severely serious and I urge you to go to the hospital right away.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Ps get a second opinion from a different doctor 

• Anna Belle3 weeks agoReport

Thank you so much :) I have talked to a doctor and he wasn't much help, but I appreciate your concern.