Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 3 weeks ago

1.8tdci Ford Focus fuel problems?

Hi my Ford Focus is giving me trouble, going to work this morning it suddenly died out. It was having trouble starting again but finally got it going and it drove another mile before cutting out again. My friend came along and put some brake cleaner in the pipe and it fired up first time and drove me home another 4 miles. Just before I got home it happened again cutting out. Seems definitely a fuel problem, hopefully not the pump itself. Any suggestions be much appreciated thanks. 

• Bort

There's a round blue thing on the front and back of the car. They circled the problem.

Sounds like it may be a clogged fuel filter.

Although if someone really put brake fluid in the engine that's going to be another problem. Brake fluid is not fuel. It will destroy an engine. I'm hoping and guessing it wasn't brake fluid.

Could be fuel pump, gas filter, even bad gas. There are other possible problems but I'd guess fuel pump going by what you said.  (brake cleaner in the pipe... don't know what that means but for sure will/would not help)