Is sex before the age of 16 okay so long as there is parental approval?

61 Answers

Relevance
  • Helen
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

No. It's the age of consent for a reason - they didn't just pluck that number out of the air.

Under 16's are not emotionally or physically ready for a sexual relationship (or the potential consequences of one).

• 3 weeks ago

no but unless she is hot

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Parents that actually approve of their children having sex before the age of sixteen are just overt PERVERTS  vicariously exploiting their own children for sick amusement!

• 3 weeks ago

No sex before 16 is not okay

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

no. and if your mother approves of it she should be investigated by child protective services for child abuse.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Parents cannot give permission for law breaking 

• 3 weeks ago

There is a risk of pregnancy even if you use a condom or the pill. I would wait until you are a bit older. I didn't lose my virginity til I was 21. 

• Chae-won
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Good for you Samuel,  I am exercising my choice for my own reasons.  

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I was 19, and I think waiting til 18+ is a good idea. Even then I was Very naiive, but I think it was a good time, and I trusted my boyfriend.

Highly recommend being 18 personally. Before that I just don't think people are ready or even should be thinking about that. Way too much going on in your life, with high school and activities and hopefully preparing for college, to be worrying about having a sexual relationship. (Or really anything too serious! Your life is still ahead of you and so much will change, including you.)

• 3 weeks ago

Don't be awestruck and don't do it. Could cause problems.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

What parents would approve such a thing?? And even if they did approve it, they'd be charged with bringing up their kids in an immoral household or something (whatever the laws in their country are about such things)! Their kids would then be removed from their custody.

The final authority actually lies with the government, not the parents. In most jurisdictions, they have an "age of consent" law. This is basically the age at which it is deemed okay for kids to decide to have sex on their own.  However, most jurisdictions also know that kids are going to be having sex no matter what the law says, so they usually make an exception for kids of nearly the same age to have sex with each other. The age of consent laws are really to prevent adults from manipulating kids to have sex with them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.