Kaspersky deleting a file without my permission?

I've had this Steam game (Death Road to Canada) installed for just over two years now, and I've had Kaspersky much longer.

Recently, when I tried to launch the game, Kaspersky deleted the file "prog.exe" which is needed for the game to start, since it thought it was a virus. Now, whenever I uninstall and reinstall the game, Kaspersky automatically deletes the prog.exe file and there's seemingly nothing I can do about it. This has been happening for two days now.

Is there any fix for this that doesn't involve getting rid of Kaspersky?

Maybe a pirated game or infected with malware. The file is not deleted, just quarantined.

If you feel this is in error, ake the matter up with Kaspersky, or disable it for the game.

• David

If you are sure the file "prog.exe" isn't a virus you can either notify Kaspersky support of a false +ve and they will at some stage add it to Kaspersky's exclusion list during an update or you can put the file and its path on the exclusion list so Kaspersky will not delete it. Initially disable Kaspersky temporarily, you can then install the program and put the file on Kaspersky's exclusion list yourself

• Jim

Tell Kaspersky not to scan that folder.