Fed Ex lost my package, who do I contact?

So I ordered an electronic for 40 dollars off ebay and it was supposed to come today and i messaged the seller and he said he shipped it but when i go to tracking it says it was last seen in california at a "smartpost" and hasnt moved besides that. what to do now?

Best Answer

call the place in california and ask them about it

I'd call in the national guard or special forces.  Call the White House and have them scramble the jets.

I did get another parcel that day, from a different seller. Both postal. I contacted Fed Ex which in turn told me to deal with my local P.O, so I called the office that ...

• Judy

What makes you thinl it's lost? When did it get turned over to USPS? Are YOU in CA?

• Eva

Smartpost means the package has been handed off to the post office.

SMARTPOST means its at the post office. You might get it monday.

Fedex handles the fist 98% or so and then hands it off to the post office for the last mile.

Smartpost is a PITA, and has no guaranteed delivery schedule. Fedex drops off at a post office convenient to them in the same postal zone (not zip code), at a convenient time of day. At that point fedex tracking information becomes random. It may take two Post Office trucks from there to get to your sort facility.   

• Linda

Ask for a refund and complain to Ebay.

• Jim

You contact Fed Ex with the tracking number.

Just wait until the end of the day. Just because it says it’s still there doesn’t mean it’s not out for delivery. There’s usually a delay between when it’s been scanned and when it shows up online. It’s what happens when it uses antiquated software and hardware. 

It’s only 11 am in California. Wait until 5 pm.