First NASCAR race - Tips?

I've always wanted to go to a NASCAR race, and I lived about 20 minutes away from the Homestead-Miami Speedway. My dad's a racing fan and I grew up watching along with him, but for one reason or another, we've never made it to a race. We moved a few months ago and now we live about 1 mile away from the speedway. It's literally behind our house and I'm currently sitting in my backyard listening to the cars. I planned on getting tickets and going with my dad, but he's leaving on an emergency business trip on Monday and he has to spend tomorrow prepping all he needs to get done for that, so he won't be able to go. None of my friends or other family members are interested in racing or coming along with me, and since this is the last year the championships are going to be here in Homestead and I've wanted to go to a race my whole life, I don't want to pass this year up. I bought a ticket for tomorrows Ford EcoBoost 400 and I am going alone! I'll be in the Front Stretch, row 20. Any tips for someone going for the first time (and alone)?

stay home and watch tv

• DIEGO.

good question !

• Gary

Its fun!

For the spring race that they now have, try and get garage passes. You can meet so many drivers.

For your first race, just bring headphone and arrive a few hours early due to traffic.