My anxiety is stopping me from working?

I am a 25 years old woman, and on a welfare. I want to work but I get anxiety to go out and work because I am afraid of getting fired because I have already been fired before and I have anxiety to take the bus to work. I don’t want to be on a welfare forever. What can I do?

Favorite Answer

My suggestion, is why not look for a volunteer opportunity first. This way you can try and volunteer with the organization of your choice that you hope to get work with, and you can see if your anxiety will affect your work, and your future employer can get a good snapshot of you to see what you would be like as a employee.  Just a thought!

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

You simply have a fear from not doing...welfare is great for making people incapable. 

So you need to know you will make mistakes at work we all do

But we all cant get welfare....that's an excuse not and effort.

Just want more for you and try hard 

Good luck...I think welfare is great but education and job training is better spent tax $s. Plus, you have an education and career then..

Get the medical and psychological help you need for your anxiety, and go to work. 

Collecting welfare you have to participate in a welfare to work program SO get a job or lose your benefits.😉

Life's tough. Then you die.

You can find effective mental health counseling.

just get a job anyways

How do you really know you have anxiety though? feel like you're just weak.

• Ray4 weeks agoReport

I doubt that because if you've been to the psychiatrist you would be prescribed with medication then you wouldn't need to ask this question like not knowing what to do.