whats the most meaningful lyrics to you?

when you listen to that one song that you relate to on a different level, what are the lyrics, what do you feel, why do they mean so much to you? 

~funny when you're dead how people start listening~i feel sad because it's true that people will only start paying attention to you as soon as something tragic happens to you.

Source(s): if i die you by the band perry🐰
  • dman63

“Man has to be his own saviour” from “Silver” by Echo and the Bunnymen.  At the time I heard it many years ago, it struck a chord with me.  I was having some problems, and I had also met the woman who eventually became my wife.  I had to stand up and make some decisions about where my life was going, and this song crystallized it.  Years later, it’s still a favourite for that reason.

• Elle

These lyrics are my story...  Every word is perfect, I'm not.  Color Me Badd, its all your's...  WILDFLOWER...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Oi7cQpF4k

Youtube thumbnail

(Remember in this game we call life 

That no one said it's was fair) and (Just because you're winnin' 

Don't mean you're the lucky ones) and (Everybody warms themselves 

To a different fire) and  (But everybody darlin' sometimes 

Bites the hand that feeds) and (Funny how ev'rything was roses 

When we held on to the guns) all from a forgotten song from Guns N' Roses Breakdown from 1991.

Source(s): Vanishing Point Tribute by dsnitris2007 on YouTube

runaway by kanye west, hits a lil different

mark e smith was known for having, basically, no singing talent whatsoever.  he pretty much shouted his lyrics, often slurring the words, not infrequently to the point of being completely unintelligible.  he didn't really keep great track of what the lyrics to his songs were supposed to be, and in various performances the words would sometimes change quite a bit.

i never heard that he played any instruments either.  he may well have had no technical knowledge of music at all, for all i know. and yet somehow he ran a group, wrote his own lyrics, hired and fired musicians, and, somehow, he told them what to play

and somehow, over decades, he produced a hell of a lot of great music doing this.  he also produced a lot of stuff that was basically unlistenable, to me at least, but it was always interesting to hear what he was doing

and somehow, even when his health was breaking down and he was approaching death in his early 60's, he still managed, from time to time, to put out tracks i still can't stop listening to, like "junger cloth."  the lyrics seem semi demented, absurdist.  he basically croaks them into the mike, but the backing music is solid.  i can't really say why these meaningless lyrics impress me so much, but i'm not much younger than he was, when he died, so maybe that's got something to do with it

the lyrics, or what somebody thinks they are, are posted here, and there's commentary also about just what the heck he might have been talking about exactly, which i think is pretty interesting also

https://www.flashlyrics.com/lyrics/the-fall/junger...

• Snoopy

I really liked relax don't do it when you wanna go do it.