Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 4 weeks ago

What are some easy vegetarian packed lunches?

I pack my lunch for school everyday. I recently started trying to go vegetarian but I don't really completely know what I'm doing yet and the only thing I know of that I can pack that doesn't have meat and stays good all day is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I'm really getting tired of pb&j and I really need some new ideas. Preferably something that take less than 10 min to make.

• denise

Hummus dip with celery / carrot / zucchini sticks.

Granola / oaty bars.

Jello pots, fruit kebabs.

Cheese strings, Dairylea cheese triangles.

Veggie crisps, Cheese straws.

Pasta/pesto salad, veg rice salad, cous-cous salad[with raisins+apricots].

• Louis

Wow. You already got some good ideas. 

I know when I became vegan I had a lot of trouble with lunches, too. Pb&J became my staple too. And you can also add some variety to those PB&J sandwiches by using different jams, different breads, and even different types of nut butter, like almond butter and cashew butter. 

The other thing that I fell back on was veggie wraps. It's basically a handheld salad. I'll include a link in the sources for veggie wrap ideas. 

Speaking of salads, you can pack a salad to school pretty easily. just don't add the dressing till you get ready to eat it. A  big Tupperware bowl not only stores it but also you get to eat out of it. Some dressing can be kept in a small container. Not a bad idea to include a dinner roll or some crackers or chips. 

A little out of the box is to use bento boxes. You can buy a set of them pretty cheaply. You can set up a week's worth on Sunday night. you don't even have to make them all the same. There are some YouTubers who have some good instructional videos. I'll include a link to one at the bottom. 

No matter what you should always include some cut-up fresh veggies. Maybe with a dip. and one or two pieces of fruit. 

• Louis
      4 weeks agoReport

I buy the peanut butter that is ground in the store. No added oils, salts or sugars. and its cheap. 

cheese and veg sandwiches are vegetarian.

so is mac and cheese, tomato soup, vegetable soups, hummus and veggies, pb&j sandwiches, fried egg, or egg salad sandwiches.

Get a couple of small wide mouth thermos containers and you can take any hot or cold food you made for dinner last night. good left overs make great lunch the next day.

• Jerry

Try rice and vegetables. You can bring it in a container with a fork. Or make vegan sushi rolls wrapped in nori. 

Make falafels and bring falafel and chopped cabbage in a wrap. Or cooked pasta mixed with carrots, cabbage, and maybe a few black or red beans. 

Bread. Fruit. Olives. Nuts. Cold noodles. Vegan yogurts. 

Salad with the dressing on the side, a salad wrap, vegetable soup in a thermos, Vegetarian leftovers in a thermos, pasta salad, fruit, crackers with cheese and nuts. If you have an ice pack and a thermos then you have a lot of different lunches available