khanh asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

Will I grow anymore? I’m 14 and I’m 5”6?

My parents are short, my mom is 5”2, my dad is 5”4. But my grandparents are seriously tall, my grandpa has to be atleast 6”, my aunt is taller then my dad, and she is younger. Like she is a lot more taller. Weird I know. That’s my dad side, my mom side is also tall, my grandma is short, but my moms dad is tall. Can I grow anymore taller?

The formula for calculating your adult height (for males) is to average your parents' height and add 2 inches if you're male. That would put your adult height at 5'7".  That's okay though, because Martin Luther King, Bruce Lee, and Tom Cruise were all 5'7".

• Edna

It's very possible that you might grow taller, because you're only 14. People don't usually attain their full adult height until they're 18 to 20 years old. 

Are you a boy, or are you a girl?  The average height for a 14-year-old boy is 5 feet, 4 inches; while for a girl the same age, it is 5 feet, 2 inches.

You're 5 feet, 6 inches tall now. You're already above the average height for a 14 year old - boy or girl. 

You should grow more yes...............

• Angel

My brother stopped growing at 21 years old, I’m female and I finally stopped at 23 years old. I was a late bloomer compared to the. Rest of the family.

• kelvin

why not worry about that after your fully done growing

If you're female, you're probably done growing. If you're male, you've got another four years or more of growth ahead of you. You could have inherited the short genes in the family or you may have inherited the tall genes. Only time will tell.

Researchers from the University of British Columbia, Canada, say a person stops growing by age 20. Heredity is a fickle game, so you could grow regardless of your short parents.

harrald

Most people continue to grow in their teens so you are likely to continue growing.

• martin

They say that the vast majority of people reach full height by the age of 17. You're still growing.

• Mike G

No............................