? asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

What is the best method of microwaving bacon?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Microwave bacon is probably not a good thing.

• 3 weeks ago

Microwaving is not a good option for cooking, if you are in a jam and you need to thaw out frozen bacon, then clean your sink with hot soapy water, rinse, grab a plate  and lean up against one side and put the slab of bacon in its original wrapping, and run COLD water slowly over it for 10 or so minutes.  This will thaw it properly. Microwaves kill your food and you.

Source(s): Retired Navy Cook.
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Don't! I cook mine on a hot plate in a frying pan so it comes out cooked, crisp.

• 3 weeks ago

My friend Paul weaves himself a mat of bacon for BLTs and cooks it in the microwave (between a sandwich of double paper towels. I'm a fan of laying it out on a sheet pan and cooking it at 350° F for 16 to 19 minutes, depending on the desired crispy factor.

• This is the correct answer - if you must microwave it, paper towels on top and on bottom to absorb the grease, but baking it in the oven is the best option

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You can get a 'bacon rack', for microwave use, it does not seem to brown the same as frying or broilling though!

• 3 weeks ago

I agree with putting a couple sheets of paper towel under the bacon and one or two on top of the bacon on high for 5 min. That technique also makes delicious chicken skin and renders out most of the fat but add a little salt.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Let's look at the word microwave; cooking from the inside out, best to fry that bacon in a pan on the stove for overall better taste.

• 3 weeks ago

I put the bacon strips (don’t overlap) on top of two paper towels, then put a single paper towel over the bacon. Cooking time depends on the power of your microwave.

• 3 weeks ago

you can but microwave plate covers that protect the food while it cooks

• 3 weeks ago

Put it INSIDE the microwave and BAM!! TA-DA YOU GOT YOURSELF SOME GOOD OL' BACON!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.