During the war of 1812 were most of the battle fought?

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Most were fought in Canada. 

• 2 weeks ago

I would say all of the battles were fought.

• 3 weeks ago

The War of 1812 was fought in North America. The battles of the War of 1812 were fought in four major theaters: the Atlantic coast, the Gulf Coast, the U.S./Canada border and the American West. In addition, the naval battles of the war were primarily fought in the Atlantic Ocean with only a few minor engagements occurring in the Pacific Ocean; if you are asking WHERE was most of the battle fought.

• 3 weeks ago

In 1812 If I remember correctly

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Yes they were. Otherwise they wouldn't be battles.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Rahela comes closest IMO. Most of the battles were fought in the Lower Great Lakes - St. Lawrence areas of Upper Canada and the states of Michigan and New York.  Washington D.C. had some inconvenience (a burning) and there was the Battle of New Orleans. Quebec and the Maritimes? New England?  Possible, but I'm from Niagara and I think the Peninsula and Frontier bore the brunt of the land war because I know more battle sites along the Niagara River than I've read about taking place elsewhere. The naval war was another matter. If you are American, you may appreciate reading "The Naval War of 1812" by Theodore Roosevelt. (yes, your President) 

• Marli
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Was there a battle in Ohio?  It's a Lower Great Lakes state too. But most (the question said most) of the land battles that were fought in the war were fought on the borders of the Niagara and St. Lawrence Rivers, in New York state and Upper Canada (Ontario). York and Stoney Creek on Lake Ont.

• Prince
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

No, during the "war" of 1812, most battles were left un-fought. 

• Cousin
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

You seem to be confusing "were" with "where" which is a disturbing trend nowadays. They are even supposed to be pronounced differently. 

• isabella2 weeks agoReport

Yes, I’m sorry, it’s because I’m practicing English, I’m not from here, so I had to learn English now 

• 3 weeks ago

The War of 1812 was fought in many places in the United States, Canada, and on the high seas. Many battles were fought against British, Canadian, and Native American opponents in Michigan and New York and in the Canadian (then still under British rule) provinces of Ontario and Quebec.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

At that time, Ontario was Upper Canada & Quebec was Lower Canada.  

• 3 weeks ago

I think every battle during th war of 1812 was fought yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.