Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 3 weeks ago

Will Camilla Parker Bowles be a Canadian when she becomes Queen Camilla alongside King Charles, or is she already considered a Canadian ?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Queen Elizabeth doesn't technically have a nationality. She has no passport, since passports are issued in her name. But the Crowns of all the nations of which she is Queen are now independent crowns, so she is independently Queen of the United Kingdom, Queen of Canada, Queen of Australia, Queen of New Zealand, Jamaica, and so on. So from a legal point of view, she is just as Canadian as she is British, Australian, New Zealander, Jamaican etcetera.

I'm not sure if a monarch's consort would have the same status, but I presume so.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

She won't become Queen or Canadian.

She would officially be Princess Consort, a title made just for her as decreed by Prince Charles. Traditionally, she should be Queen Consort but it's obvious the royals can do what they please.

As for being Canadian, I don't get it. She's British already. If Prince Charles were to become King, they both will remain British and rule over England and all it's territories, Canada included.

• capitalgentleman
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Canada is NOT an English territory, but, a completely independent country.  That just happens to have the same Monarch as the UK.  Legally, the Monarch IS the country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.