Is it possible to create a Christian theocracy? ?

I don’t agree with secularism. It promotes moral degradation of society. And I’m not trolling. There are Islamic countries where Islam is the state law. I want a state sanctioned Christian law. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • YKhan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Anything is possible, just create a new country and you can move there.

• YKhan
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

That's upto whoever the original poster is to find out.

• 3 weeks ago

Yeah. I was tried before. It's called Catholicism.

• 4 weeks ago

The beauty and miracle of the United States is that we are NOT...I repeat, NOT!...a Christian nation---and especially not the fanatical version of Old Testament fundamentalism being peddled by old-white-men Republicans since an Alzheimer's-afflicted Reagan era.  The Koch Donor Network extremists exposed in "DARK MONEY: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" funded dangerously fanatical "Christian" groups like the GOP's CULT The Family and its parent theocratic-coup-seeking Heritage Foundation et al. in the hope of undermining democracy in favor of an absolute-power plutocracy, and investigative journalists Michelle Goldberg (2006): "Kingdom Coming: The Rise of 'Christian' Nationalism" and Jeff Sharlet (2008), "The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power" exposed the RNC's dangerous extremism in place all through the out-of-his-gourd Reagan years until today.  The NETFLIX series "The Family" (one of the innocent-sounding names of the CULT that took control of the Republican party with Koch brother oil baron's help) further highlights the demonic extremism that poses a very clear and present danger to our nation's Melting Pot status set up on purpose so that ALL faith choices for ALL Americans would have equal standing---no one faith choice could be given prominence or preference.  This is as it should be.

• 4 weeks ago

Iran has a theocracy, and it is widely hated & despised.  No reason to think a christian one would be better liked.    

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Then obviously you need to abolish any elected legislature and leaders, have an Established Church, and put the head of that in charge.  Then you would have a theocracy, with no more elections because of course you think the Church knows best and can be trusted to rule.  Rather like the Papal States used to be in Italy.

At which point I would emigrate because the Church's record of corruption and abuse is plain for all to see.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Are you expecting the American people to vote their rights out of existence. A theocracy is a dictatorship which is quite unconstitutional. The people who thought up the Constitution had seen what religion can do if left unchecked. Have you ever heard of the Thirty Years War? Next to WWI and WWII it was one of the most savage and bloodiest wars in history. It started as a religious war. Only after both parties were exhausted and the Germany was bled white, millions killed by disease and starvation, did actually decide to negotiate a peace. Both sides were still so angry at each other that the peace had to be negotiated with the parties 30 miles apart during the negotiations.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

But you wouldn't have the same constitution, would you?  So saying it's unconstitutional is totally irrelevant.

• Liz
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Theocracy is rule by God. It involves the principle of headship expressed at 1 Corinthians 11:3 "But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God." To be truly theocratic, a person must do more than submit to headship in a nominal way. He must imitate Jehovah’s ways and qualities. He must really be governed by Jehovah in every way. And since Jehovah has invested his Son with full authority, being theocratic also means copying Jesus.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Thanks for the Bible lecture.  Now answer the question.

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

So you want the USA to turn into a Christian version of Iran or Saudi Arabia? What a wonderful thought. 

• 4 weeks ago

You defo trollin y0!

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Move to Vatican City. One way, please.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Amazing how many Christians have no idea that Catholics are the original Church that even put their Bible together.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.