Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

My 66 yr old husband is on a cruise with his sister and niece. I've heard that everyone cheats on cruise ships. I'm SCARED he will cheat. :(?

It's his sister's 60th birthday and the cruise was booked awhile ago to celebrate it. I was supposed to go but I broke my leg and I'm recovering. I didn't stop my husband from going but now I'm reading that lots of people feel it's ok to cheat while being away from real life and on vacation. I am sitting here with a cast on my leg and I am stuck in one place and I'm all alone with my thoughts 24/7. They are driving me insane. I didn't sleep at all last night. It's been pure torture and I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 10 days?

Is it that easy to cheat on cruises? Are women really that easy and open to having sex with someone that they hardly know? I can't stop crying. Can someone please help me?

Favorite Answer

I've heard that everyone cheats on cruise ships - you have had you ?  You heard it from where ?

Is it that easy to cheat on cruises? - no easier than anywhere else.  

Are women really that easy and open to having sex with someone that they hardly know? - ditto the men they have sex with ?? So are you saying that your sister in law is going to cheat?

I have been on any number of cruises and from my experience of them, its all married couples of 60s plus and a few groups of women.. NO single men around

And few women are going to have casual sex with a man in his 60s, believe me on that one.

You need to 'get a grip'... your husband is no-one's wanna be sex god, believe me and no woman is going to want to bed him

• Ann

Why are you so insecure and mistrusting? He's with his sister and his niece.  He's 66 years old.  I can assure you that not everyone cheats while on cruises.  People go on cruises to look at the scenery in places they haven't been before.  They go on land excursions, sometimes with a guide, they get back on the ship and sail to the next place.  The only cruises that people hook up on are singles cruises--not family cruises.  You need to call up some of your friends and ask if they can pick you up to go out to eat, since you can't drive with a cast on your leg.  Don't sit around moping.  When your husband comes home, tell him you missed him and you're glad he got a chance to go.  Be positive and trusting.  He'll love you more for it.  My husband is thrown in with women all the time who are younger and much more attractive than me, but I let him know that I trust him and I'm not jealous.  He tells me constantly that he is perfectly content and he appreciates the fact that I'm not a jealous person.  You need to do the same thing.  When you are jealous and insecure about your husband, that will tend to drive him away.  Be happy for him and trust that he loves you.

• mom

you will just have to trust him that he will not cheat. 

Actually You are sitting alone and nothing to do just call your friends and just enjoy the movement rather being worrying about them. There is also saying empty mind is the devil's workshop. 

Unless it's a Singles Cruise or something most cruises are more like an extended stay at Disney World & kind of boring,,So you can Relax!,,in the real world nothing looks more foolish than a 66 year old man trying to get laid on a cruise! ,,Hahaha! trust me,unless he brought his own date it just AIN'T Gonna frkn Happen!

• Linda

I don't know where you got that information, but I do not think it is true. Three years ago I went on a cruise to the Bahamas with my sister and my husband stayed back at home with my son. Cheating was the farther thing from my mind. Most people on cruises are with other people. I saw mostly families with children and couples. I did not see anyone that was alone. There are cruises for people looking to meet someone if they are single. There may be some cheating going on but it is rare and I seriously don't think you have a thing to worry about. Let your husband have a good time without you worrying about something that will unlikely happen.

Take a breath, your mind is being rather unrealistic.  You are extrapolating now and you're irrationality is saying (with your family)  that he is doing that.  Also because you read it doesn't make it so. Relax mam. ok? 

I can confirm he has cheated on you. He won't be coming back from the cruise he's decided to stay here with me and become my sugar daddy.

• Foofa

No offense to your husband, I'm sure he's lovely. But unless he's a billionaire it's unlikely women are going to be fawning all over him on this cruise.

So this is a good one. Who worries about women hurling themselves at a 66 year old husband? LOL incredibly hilarious. Good one.

• Dr. Stephanie

Yes, I hadn't thought of this ! Flabby buttocks, etc. 

• Helen

You need counselling.