Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 2 weeks ago

How much should I tip my housekeeper? ?

He owns the business, but only works alone. He charges me $60 for 2.5 hours and he cleans for me once a month. He provides all cleaning supplies. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Even though I am a happy and generous tipper, you are opening up the "stray cat syndrome".  Tip him once for no particular reason and he'll be looking for it next time, too. Nothing against him, it's just human nature. After that you will have turned the $60 rate into a $70 rate all by yourself. Save the tips for holidays or extra work.

• 2 weeks ago

Holiday bonus or tip is all you should give them.  For this one, maybe $30...

• Erik
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

I wouldn't tip him anything, just give him something extra at Christmas.  My mom's cleaning lady just retired after 20+ years of cleaning her house, my mom gave her an extra $20.  Unbelievable.

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Give him $70 if he's been with you for some time, just as a sign of appreciation, like a raise.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • marty
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

You pay him enough, why tip? Unless you're thinking about a Christmas bonus, in that case i would think $100 would be sufficient. 

• 2 weeks ago

Offer anything you want. His rate is very low. My cleaning service charges $75 for two hours. I don't tip. I would tip your man $10,00 (while saving $5 and getting one-half hour more cleaning time.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.