Could I potentially start modeling after the military. ?

I once called women down the catwalk while I was active duty in a foreign country. All the models were either active duty or spouses, and two of the spouses were designers. I got the gig because I volunteered at Armed Forces Radio and was the PA announcer at football games on base for one designer's husband who played quarterback. You can model anytime as long as you can make it to muster.

Once upon a time, there was a little black girl in the Brewster Projects of Detroit Michigan.  At 15, she was spotted by an Ebony Fashion Fair talent scout and her modeling career took off.  If she can do it I don't see why there's any reason you can't.  YOU BETTA WORK!

• Cee

Why the heck not ?

You can do whatever you want after you leave the military, just like you could right now.

Why would you think prior military service would have any relevance?  

• Daniel
      3 weeks agoReport

Good job copying and pasting my answer.

I worked with a woman who began modelling while she was still in the military.  She used to do modelling gigs on her time off.  So, yes, it is possible, but, most of the really high fashion models are super young, like in their teens.

• Daniel

Potentially yes.

Sure, why not? 

Sure!

Play-Doh or Plasticine?

The two careers are completely unrelated. I doubt any modeling agency will care one way or another if you were in the military. All they care about is if you have the look they want.