Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 4 weeks ago

Can I provide letter of recommendation for a co-worker to company I am yet to join?

I have received offer letter from the company but I am yet to join company as I am on notice period.My co-worker wants me to provide his/her reference to my new company.Can I provide letter of recommendation for him/her to company?

• Judy

Sure you can..............

You can, not as an employee of the company you are joining but you can give a personal recommendation.

In the USA, letters of recommendation are written by managers/supervisors and then given to the employee.   

If you are not this person's manager or supervisor, a letter from you would be meaningless.

And unless your coworker has applied for the job and the company has requested references, they do not want the letter.

If you are asking if you should write a letter to your new employer instructing them to consider your coworker for employment, the answer is no.  

I'm not American citzenship I don't wanna go to