Repurposing a Plane Fuselage?

Hey, for my Aerospace class we have a project where we need to repurpose an airplane fuselage into anything. Does anybody have any ideas?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Frank
    Lv 5
    1 week ago

Residence, hotel, restaurant, science exhibition. Business office. 

• 2 weeks ago

There's a lot of unanswered questions there. What's it made of? How much material do you have to work with? What tools do you have available? What's your degree of talent?

• 2 weeks ago

You didn't mention a budget limit. So if money is no problem , I suggest you make it into a 3 or 4 display flight simulator. Put one monitor in each side window and one in front. Possibly one more for flight instruments. Or , purchase one of Virtual Fly's simulator flight panels. They are FAA approved for logging flight sim time. 

Of course you will also need hi powered gaming computer as well. https://www.virtual-fly.com/en/shop/products/fligh...

Attachment image
  • 2 weeks ago

A submarine, a planter, wall art, conference table, fort, awning, boat... 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

How big a fuselage?

You can't re-purpose a 737 fuselage the same way you'd do a Cessna 152.

For a jetliner, you could envision setting it upright, and have the panels covered with grab form and turned into a novel climbing wall.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Make an old Cessna fuselage into a kid's tree house.

• 2 weeks ago

A pedestrian overpass.

• FanMan
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

I've seen  airliners  made into houses and restaurants, bizjets made into limousines, smaller aircraft made into automobiles.

• 2 weeks ago

Aluminium ingots.

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

how about making it into living quarters, sort of like a mobile home type thing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.