Baby Won’t Nap HELP!?

My LO is 2 months old now. She sleeps really good at night; only wakes up 2-3 time for a feeding. 

But during the day is horrible. She get very fussy because she is just so tired, but she won’t nap! 

We have a stricken routine. I turn her white noise on, I rock her and sing to her. When she is out I lay her down and within 5 minutes she’s awake crying. I’ve tried to let her cry and go in every couple minutes to calm her back to sleep but she still wakes up crying. 

I’ve tried to just let her lay in her crib when she’s happy and see if she will put herself to sleep, nope. 

I’ve tried to just hold her and let her nap on me, nope. 

It would be fine if she just didn’t want to nap if she wasn’t tired but she’s exhausted and cranky! 

I just don’t know what to do! 

Please Help!

1 week ago

Hello there! Either she must be teething and some tummy issues must be making her feel cranky and irritated. 

Usually babes have sleep issues if they are suffering from colics, ingestion or some tummy problems. 

Why don’t you try giving her some herbal medicines. Organic and effective.

I used to drink baby sleep tea and breastfeed my baby to let its herbal nutrients flow through my milk to her. 

Even though she is 2 months old, she could be teething.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgeL2pwDoM0

Youtube thumbnail

• Tonya2 weeks agoReport

Yes she is starting the begin stages of teething. But I don’t think that is it. Her teeth have only hurt like twice and she hasn’t been napping for almost 3 weeks now 

My child gave up naps at 18 months, so about that age, just stop MAKING her take naps, and if she gets tired enough she will take one on her own. It was hard to deal with, but we did have quiet time, like reading that calmed her. 

• Tonya2 weeks agoReport

I don’t try to MAKE her. She starts crying because she is tired but she won’t go to sleep. And she is only two months old so I am not going to just let her scream and cry herself to sleep. 

Try wearing her while you go about your routine.  The movement may ease her sleep.  But have you also ruled out an ear infection or other medical cause?

• Tri-Harder
      3 weeks agoReport

The gas drops may or may not sit well on her tummy, which may be impacting sleep cycles.

• Cammie

What does LO mean ? What does " stricken routine " mean ?

Can't help until I understand what the problems is.How old is this child  ?

• Tonya3 weeks agoReport

Thank you Tri-Harder. Yes LO means Little one and Stricken is a typo. And if you read the beginning I state her age 😊

• Juana

Do you try to feed her before napping? Maybe she's gassy, don't always confuse crankiness to being tired. Are you nursing or formula feeding? The formula could be causing upset tummy.

• Tonya3 weeks agoReport

Yes I feed her and burp her before I try to put her down. And yes I’m sure she is tired; her poor little eyes are all red and puffy even when she’s not crying. And she can barley keep them open. I am formula feeding; she does get a little gas but I give her gas drops that help.