What's "final candidate" mean?

I recently applied at Chase bank as a teller and have done a camera interview as well as an in person interview, which went really well. I know they were greatly impressed. The next day I had emails of 2 papers to fill out and I did within 5 minutes. My status went from "under final review" to "final candidate". I would think final review would mean me and other candidates and final candidate would be me? Anyone else experience this? I'm sitting on pins and needles here. 

There may be 3 'final candidates', it's just part of the decision process. You don't have the job till they tell you that you do.

• Judy

No, it does NOT mean you are the only final candidate. There are very likely others - not many though.

Final candidate sounds like you will get the job unless you fail a background check or something. If they have them.  But there are no guarantees and calling will not help your chances.

Dont sit there and hope you'll get this job...keep applying.  If you get it, great.  If not, you wont have wasted your time sitting around hoping...

• DEBS

Every company uses different systems and terms, but what it sounds like here is that they aren't interviewing anymore new people.  You may be the only one left or there may be 2+ other people they're considering.  

• Alex

They have weeded out the people who don't have qualifications for the job, then have weeded out the people they flat out don't like.  Now they have a few candidates that they are making a decision on.

I'm not American but hope trump card and