I play soccer for my high school team, and it's my first time playing goalkeeper?

Is it mandatory for Goalies to have goalie pants or sliding pants, or can you just wear the shorts that are provided with your team?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Goalie pants are more for girls. Guy goal keeper usually just wear shorts and pull their socks up high to avoid scrapes when they dive for saves. My boyfriend is a keeper and he wears black shorts or else the team shorts and white socks pulled up over his knees.  It looks much better than goalie pants.

Attachment image
    • Login to reply the answers
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

All that is required by the Laws of the Game (even High School rules) is that the keeper wear a shirt which is a different color than both teams. Everything else is optional.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Goalies can wear  shorts,  or pants that give the protection needed, when diving full length. Don't think you will be ready to dive too much, if it's your first time. You need coaching, if you are going to do it regularly.

• 3 months ago

Wear whatever pants you want, just pull them up.

• ...Show all comments
    • DEBS
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

No.  The referee can determine certain pants, like those with pockets, to be unsafe.  You might get away with it one game but not the next.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.