Dan asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

What are some good Groom and mother dance songs when the mother has passed?

Im going to have my sister fill in for my mother. I just dont know if there are any special songs that exist for that instance or not.

• sarah
    Favorite Answer

If you're not opposed to country music, you could play 'You Should Be Here,' by Cole Swindell. It was actually written about his father, but could be used in this situation, too.

• Ann

Don't play songs that will be sad in any way.  Celebrate the fact that your mother had you and your sister, and play something beautiful.  If your mother loved to dance certain kinds of dances (waltzes, sambas, etc.), pick a song that would commemorate her specialty in dancing and give it your best dance ever in that style.

• Jon

I know of no songs written with that scenario in mind. But regardless of that, the most appropriate choice would be a song your mother liked.

• .

Did you and your sister share an interest of certain groups? What did the both of you like when you were teens? 

I think it's really nice that you have chosen your sister to fill in as Mother of the Groom. 

There's a sort of family unity to this idea, and I like it.

I hope you have a really nice wedding.... Congratulations

• Dan3 weeks agoReport

Thank you. I think i actually did find an appropriate song for our dance. We are a very Italian household so we are all close knit together. 

• Edna

There are no special songs that exist for a groom to dance with his sister who is "filling in" for his mother. Pick out a song you like, and go with it.

How about "Lean On Me", by Bill Withers; or "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother', by the Hollies; or You've Got A Friend", by James Taylor; or (just for the fun of it) "Friends In Low Places", by Garth Brooks.  All those songs by the original artists can be found on Amazon.

• GB

Without You - by Harry Nilson

I would pick "Tears In Heaven" by Eric Clapton.  "Revelation (Mother Earth)" by Ozzy Osbourne is nice too.

• Edna
      3 weeks agoReport

"Tears in Heaven" is a beautiful song, but I don't think it's appropriate for a happy occasion such as a wedding. Consider the subject matter and why Eric Clapton wrote the song and who he was singing about.

There are zero "my mom is dead so I'm dancing with my sister" songs. 

Why not just pick a song you both like?    This is your sister and your reception is a party.   Why not choose something funny or that you can seriously boogie down to?  

No one really wants to watch you get all serious and sappy with your sister, a wedding reception is not a memorial service, and quite frankly, no one really wants to watch you dance with your sister unless you're going to be at least remotely entertaining.

ETA:  There are zero good hosts who don't care what their guests prefer.  "Retard"?   Nice manners.   Good luck with your wedding and marriage.   You sound like a real winner.   By the way, it's only 50% your wedding and the reception isn't your wedding at all.  The reception is how you thank your guests for taking time out of their lives to witness your ceremony. 

I have a song for you....It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

• Dan3 weeks agoReport

Lmao god forbid i take a moment of having fun to give tribute to my mother who all of my very large family loved and adored. They probably would find it weird if i didnt give any time to her memory just as my brother did in his wedding as well. Sounds like you and Jerry are worthless answerers.

https://www.brides.com/story/mother-son-dance-wedd...

Literally just google "mother groom wedding dance songs". It's not that difficult.

• Dan4 weeks agoReport

Lol ok retard. Its not like im asking for a specific kind of song for a specific situation ON A WEDDINGS TOPIC ON YAHOO ******* ANSWERS