Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 3 weeks ago

How to survive in a house full of pet hair?

I’m going to be spending a whole weekend with my best friend at his house. I would love this and I love every moment I get to spend with him, but his house is kind of my worst nightmare. He has 4 huge dogs and 2 longhair cats which aren’t a problem until you see how much they shed. The entire house is covered in dog and cat hair and there is no escape from it no matter how hard I try to stay clean. As soon as I get home I always have to shower and wash my clothes because it sticks on everything and the smell of pets lingers. It drives me crazy and I can’t stand it anymore. There’s also a huge dust problem on top of this that after breathing in for over an hour makes me feel like my throat is suck with mucus. I put up with this because I really love being with him, but it’s been really getting to me lately, especially if I’m going to stay for 3 days. If anyone has any tips on trying to stay clean from pet hair, Please let me know!!

You don't. Its impossible to keep pet hair away from you in a house full of hair. I would talk to him and let him know this is an issue for you and hopefully he will offer to clean up and maybe you can offer to help. 

Yuck.

Tell him you've developed allergies and will sleep in a hotel.   Then at least you can get a break from it.  

Never underestimate the power of clean jammies, clean bedding and a clean bath towel.  

• marty

It is best to let him know how uncomfortable you are and try to find a solution together. Holding these things back can cause bad feelings and possible future arguements. I realize you don't want any hurt feelings and honesty will always be the the right thing to do. Good luck and enjoy your time together.