is stabilized whipped cream frosting strong enough for me to decorate on? ?

my aunt wants me to make my vanilla strawberry cupcakes into one big cake, but i use cream cheese/whipped cream frosting and i’m not sure if that’ll be strong enough for me to add decorations to 

• denise

Light decorations like a strawberry slice or sprinkles / jelly blob should be OK to top the cream.

If you add some gelatin to it. I use 1 tsp powered per 1 cup heavy cream but if you want it softer but set, maybe use 1/2 tsp per cup. You need to bloom it, then heat it, then whip your cream/frosting and only add it at the last moment, to stiff peaks, making sure it incorporates completely.

If it is more like a cream cheese frosting than a whipped cream frosting then you can decorate with it. 

I would add a bit more powdered sugar to firm it up more. 

If the cake will be out at room temperature for a while you might want to use half butter and half butter flavored shortening.  The shortening will melt at a higher temperature than butter will so it can stay at room temp longer. 

I think if you make the cake, frost it then refrigerate overnight it should then be able to support additional decorations.