Jack russell just ate two cigars?

She tore them open in my room and ate most of it. Will she be ok? We cant afford our own med care, nevermind a vet. Is there anything i can do at home if needed? Please thanks

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

If you can't afford to care for a pet the answer is simple, don't get one. You can afford cigars and fancy fabric but no money for vets fees.

• 4 weeks ago

The dog will look cooler from now on. Depending on what you dress him in, he may even look more sophisticated.

• 4 weeks ago

dont believe a word child

• 4 weeks ago

No, the dog will NOT BE OKAY.  VET - NOW!  It will suffer Nicotine POISONING.  (Google it in canines.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

This could kill your dog.   I'm not kidding.

Cigars have 100 times the nicotine as a cigarette (100 - 200 mg vs. 1-2 mg).

I'm guessing your dog weighs about 10 kg (22 pounds).  The median lethal dose of nicotine is 9 mg per kg.   That's 90 kg for your dog.   And your dog ate 200-400 mg.

Vet.  Now.

You can try making her vomit by administering hydrogen peroxide orally, but it doesn't always work and then you've just wasted a bunch of time.

• 4 weeks ago

Hopefully she will throw up but if not, she does have a good chance of dying. Try sticking your fingers down her throat to get her to vomit.

• 4 weeks ago

it will probably throw up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.