Fast charging(?)?

So I updated my phone yesterday.

Charging's gone wonky ever since.  I'm not really sure how to explain it other than an example:

So right now, plugging it in says ~1h 14min until full power

However, within miliseconds of displaying that message it changed to 3h until full, which is really annoying.

All my apps are closed ,and ironically this is longer than when they were open.  Device care does nothing (obivuosly).

Usually, the phone would only take a little over an hour, this is now more than twice the time.  I have no idea what to do and it's really getting on my nerves. The timer for complete charge keeps going up instead of down so........**** im ******

Galaxy s8

Restarts only make the interval between original time and super long time farther apart

It only wants to charge with the factory (end bit?/the part that actually connects with the outlet), and not any other one designed for  fast charging. Is there any way around this?  I have a thing that has a 3-usb with fast charging but it sucks since now I have to dedicate an entire outlet to my phone because it became a picky eater.

Try a different cable and charger. Both must support Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging.