RV Slideout not working properly?

It slides out perfectly but bringing it back in it will move in for about 3 inches and stop, I then have to wait a minute before it will work again, then it will slide in 3 more inches and stop, this repeats until it is all the way in. Im gonna buy a new motor but wanted to see if anyone knows if it is not the motor and something else before I go spend the money.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Maybe some lubrication at critical points may help.

There are LOTS of youtube videos on all sorts of RV problems. Check that out before buying a motor (or motors. Mine has two) I found a video regarding my generator problem and fixed it myself. YEE HAW.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I don't own a motor home, but I'd look for low hydraulic fluid (if the slide mechanism uses that somewhere. That's my only guess.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Maybe you should take it to a REAL RV mechanic and have it checked out before you start spending money on parts you don't need.

• 3 weeks ago

It may just be that the slideout has settled and needs to be lifted so the hydraulics work. We used some jacks and manpower to align the slides to make ours work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I really have no idea!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.