Is it too early to speak to an Army recruiter?

After much thought and research, I ve decided that I would like to join the Army, however, I m still a bit over the acceptable BMI and weight. I m working the best I can on my own to lose the necessary pounds, but I m anxious to speak to a recruiter. Is it too early to do so?

*I realize that physical fitness is a priority and I m training every day to better myself.

• Mrsjvb
    Favorite Answer

no recruiter will begin the process unless you are within 10 pounds of max weight, with many not doing so until you are ten pounds UNDER max weight.  

whether or not one will have an informal talk with you currently.. is anyone's guess.  

It’s not too early. The recruiter may have tips on how to get into shape.

• Cee

Yes, you may and good luck.

• PoBoy

Go for it. You may be surprised at his reaction to your weight, good or bad.

• Matt

No, you can still get the ball rolling if you are a tad overweight. As long as you show the recruiter you aren't going to waste his time and you are committed to losing the weight there is no need to wait to speak with a recruiter.