Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

Reddish-orange earwax?

I’ve been having ear pain and discomfort as of late, too. As I was cleaning my ears, I saw this reddish-orange earwax on the paper towel. What the hell is going on? Should I go see someone about it? 

I’ve also been having symptoms of a sinus infection. Could this be a symptom?

That's normal. You have a large build up of wax is all. Put ear drops (waxol is good) to soften the wax, then go to your doctor and ask them to syringe your ears. They will squirt warm soapy water into your ear to flush out the wax. It doesn't hurt but it tickles the back of your eyes :)

Last week I was digging around with a cue-tip and found something similar actually. Only the reddish-orange earwax i pulled out wasn't really earwax I don't think. I mean, does earwax scream your name at you before evaporating into steam? Anyway, I haven't cleaned my ears out since and have had no problems at al! :) Hail Satan

Yes see someone sure. But in terms of colour that sounds okay really. I may be wrong but I think it's gets darker (redder) the more established it is. You can get it seen to at the docs in 'outs' by a nurse who puts warm water in, but of course mention the pain/discomfort which should always be checked out.