Turned key off and the motor kept running on my 93 Buick Regal? The switch stays in the run position.?

Turning the key does nothing like it is not connected to anything.

Will I need to replace the lock cylinder or is there something I missed?

"Steering Column Problems"  ... Does anyone have a GM vehicle and the key turns but turns freely and is not able to turn off the switch or any other steering column problems?....I found my answer and possibly yours too !   http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/images/d/d...

Best Answer

Ignition switch is likely bad.  Get it checked out and replaced.

• Terry3 weeks agoReport

Yes I believe This is the best answer there was another similar answer and obviuosly it's not an after run and I mentioned the feel of the key. Wrecking yard will have a column ready for me tomorrow and I have rented a plate removal wheel puller kit from auto zone. I'm so glad some understand me.

Go to a parts house & ask them. It's more likely just the key switch. But, that's connected to another switch under the hood. Go ask.

• Terry3 weeks agoReport

Your answer 2nd best because the other person was shure and to the point

More than likely it is a timing issue.

• Terry3 weeks agoReport

I mentioned the issue with the key, so not relevant