Anonymous

Transfer colleges with low grades?

So its as the question asks. I go to a private college and my gpa is a 1.89. I was thinking about going to a suny in the spring for the second half if my junior year and senior year. My grades were terrible my freshman year but ive been slowly bringing them up. Would any suny even consider me because of how low my gpa is? Not really happy at my current school tbh. I’m interested in going to a suny school btw.

Your GPA is so low you won't be accepted anywhere as a transfer student. Many schools will require minimum GPA of 3.0 to apply for admission as a transfer student, and no course with a grade below C will be accepted for credit. IF your current school has not yet thrown you out on academics, you have to stay there & get your GPA up - substantially, and quickly!

• drip

Below a 2.0 is failing at the university level.  I doubt any where will take you. 

You might be able to retake classes you failed at a CC to raise your GPA. 

You need to get a meeting with SUNY admissions office.

Call or email the transfer admissions office at the SUNY campuses you'll be willing to attend and ask them.  That's the only way you'll get useful information.  

• DON W

While I don't know for sure, it sounds doubtful that one of the four-year SUNY campuses would accept you with a GPA of lower than 2.0.  All you can do is try.