Isaac asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Why does my kitten lick and bite my lips nose and ears when were cuddling.?

I recently got a kitten, not sure how old but probably a little over a month or two. Sometime when I'm petting him he will move towards my face and start licking my nose or mouth before starting to chew on them. I usually let him get away with licking them but as soon as he bites them I blow air in his face to startle him, or grab him by the scruff and move him. But he keeps doing it and it's really bothersome and I cant really figure out why he would do it. I can guarantee that he isnt upset at the time being as that he will still be purring and pushing himself into my hands to be pet, so I dont really know what his reasoning is behind chewing on me, and especially with it being the 3 specific locations he will do it.

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

That's pretty normal behavior for a kitten that was taken away from it's mother too soon. Those parts of your face are the approximate texture of mama's nipple. You are disciplining him appropriately. He may or may not outgrow the behavior. I have a six month old that still does it along with some blanket kneading and sucking.

• Jack H

It's probably planning your demise, cats aim to take over the world soon...

https://pin.it/2nvsswlgkqptjh