My gf says she’s cis-gender but also binds?

My girlfriend (I’m a girl too btw) recently told me that she dislikes her breasts and sometimes binds. She told me she’s happy with her pronouns, vagina, etc. but feels gross with her breasts, and likes looking masculine without them. She wants to have a more masculine appearance overall as well. However, as of current she dresses mascot line half the time and very feminine the other half the time. She loves makeup and (TMI alert) plays the more feminine, submissive role in the bedroom. 

I want to support her but I also don’t know very many people that don’t think they want to transition genders or be gender fluid but still want to change their appearance and bind.

Favorite Answer

They're not gender fluid, they might just like presenting as androgynous sometimes.

• reme_1

She is NOT cis gender- she is a lesbian. SHe needs to accept that.

Probably time to call the gay center and talk to the counselor. He or she might recommend couples counseling or trans support group for more help. I think that not every woman loves all THAT on her chest. It can be a nuisance. She does sound a bit confused. The word androgynous comes to mind.

• Delainey4 weeks agoReport

You can be cis-gender and be lesbian. Lesbian is a sexual identity, cis-gender is a gender identity.

• Bob

What is wrong with people, get a grip, you are talking absolute bollox

The act of breast binding is common for trans men, but is also done by androgynous and non-binary people, as well as crossdressers, cosplayers, and performers. In a general sense; women may also use binders as alternatives to bras or as a practice of propriety

Ever hear of the term Tomboy?

• Delainey6 months agoReport

Tomboys don’t get want their breasts removed

It is possible to experience a level of gender dysphoria without wishing to transition. Such as wanting a more masculine image but still enjoying aspects of being female and female identity. Other people's gender dysphoria is more extreme and they transition. 

• Delainey6 months agoReport

I agree with Nathan. The large majority of rapists are cis men. Ofc there are transgender people of both gender who rape, but this doesn’t mean they’re rapists. Let’s say (random numbers here) 1% of cis men rape. Probably .5% of trans men rape. Don’t blame the whole group of people.

Thats just one of those gray area things. She's probably not trans. 

Source(s): LGBT ADVOCATE AND GAY MAN

I am a cis woman and am very similar to your girlfriend. I love my big hips, I love wearing dresses, I prefer she/her pronouns, I definitely prefer having a vagina but I really am not a fan of my boobs. I have considered a binder but I am only an A cup so I haven't gotten one. I just make sure I don't get bras that make them look bigger. 

• Delainey6 months agoReport

Thank you for sharing that