Where does zillow get their zestimate of rent?

I have a rental on zillow to rent for $2195.00. I see below this a zestimate for $2300.00. Is this what zillow is thinking I can get for rent? I don't think I could. I will feel lucky if I get $2195.00. In the five days I've had it on zillow 3 have filled out applications. Property management company qualifications is someone has to make $9,000.00 a month to qualify. I don't think a lot will be able to qualify. One lady who applied makes $6,000.00 a month & they said she doesn't make enough. I think she makes enough to qualify if she doesn't have any other outstanding bills. Don't you think so?

Do not go by zillow. They are notoriously unreliable.  They pull # out of their collective tuckas.

To get the most accurate rents you need to see what similar properties in your area are renting for. Look at your comparables. 

• AJ

geez, that about what I pay for my house on 5 acres.

• Bob3 weeks agoReport

Rents are high where my rental is. This is what the property manager set the rent to be.

• LILL

Zillows house prices and rental rates are notoriously inaccurate.  Check similar rentals in your area to get a general idea of what the market rate would be.

Income should be about 3 times rent and how long have they been employed.   Zillow estimates are taken from a larger area, county versus neighborhood. 

• y

I find Zillow to be on the higher end of things. I tend to use a number of sites then take the average.