Where is the most fun city to live in the world, like Tokyo or New York?

I want to live somewhere where there is constantly always something to do, you never get bored. That you could explore the city for years and still not see everything it has to offer.

I live in Melbourne. Life there is only sort of fun in the CBD and inner-city suburbs within the 5km radius, outside of that it's pretty boring. And some places are too spaced out like Airport West.

Sure it's safe, has good air quality and is popular with sports and coffee culture but i'm not into sports especially footy.

• Foofa

The thing about "fun" cities is that while it's great to visit these places living there isn't always "fun". Most people wake up, go to work, don't get to see much of the city on a given day and then go home at night. So people get into this grind no matter where they live.

I dunno about Tokyo but NYC is pretty great. I grew up here and still haven't explored the whole place. The one thing I love about this area and not just the city, is that there are so many people around that no matter what your hobbies or preferences or whatever else, you'll always be able to find friends or a place to practice what you love or similar.

Plus you already speak English and everyone here will think your Australian accent is really cool. I hear it's really hard to legally immigrate to Japan...

The downside of NYC is that it's really expensive to live in or around the city. A crappy apartment 60 miles away is about as expensive as a regular apartment in the middle of Tokyo. So you need a good job and education.

• Sandy

both are good--as long as you have a huge sack of money.