Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

What does he want from me by him saying this ?

Yesterday my biology teacher said "don't draw big big big, fat fat fat fat lines in the diagram". I'm the only fat one in the class of 4 people. What does he want to achieve by saying this, from me? Why would he say this? I am already ashamed to go out being fat (180 lbs). It's very hard for me to lose weight, because I don't have much money, resources or the will power to. 

• Adam D
    Favorite Answer

He doesn't want you to draw big, thick lines on diagrams.  I'm not sure why this was hard to understand, if you're having trouble with simple instructions how are you going to pass a class like biology?

• Linda

Did he say this to you or to the class? I don't think he was referring to your weight but due to you being real sensitive about it, it seemed he was making a direct statement. Unless he says something more, I would assume it is not abut you.

• sarah

How do you know that he was talking about you and not just exaggerating? Like when somebody says, "OMG, it's 6,000 degrees outside." You know it's not actually 6,000 degrees; they're just trying to get their point across that it's hot. He is more than likely just trying to get HIS point across that he doesn't want oversized lines in the diagram (because those things usually aren't meant to take up a lot of space, right?).

Now, if he looked at you and said, "OMG, [insert your name here], you are so big, big, big, fat, fat, fat; you need to lose weight or stop going out in public altogether," then you would be right to be concerned.

• Chris

This is your problem and nobody else's.