Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

Why are cat people so weird?

I went over to this ladies house and met her cats. She said she likes them bringing her dead things theyve killed and dropping them on her bed because it's a sign of love. EW.

It's not weird, it's ****** up and proves emotional instability

Definitely  not normal to look at a dead or suffering animal and go "So cute." Cats are a favourite among nasty abusive animal hoarders so let that sink 

More people have cats than dog owners. If cat people are "weird", then it means most people are "weird."

It is. Well, not love. If anything, it's a sign that these cats have bonded with her and they think of her as a big, stupid, hairless cat that can't hunt, so they do it for her. This is all that means, why cats bring in dead or half-dead prey. Cats are weird. Cat people are weird. So what? We like it. We love cats. We understand them. So choke on that.

• Anna
      3 weeks agoReport

Exactly. Cats are lovely.

It's when they bring you half-dead things that it's really gross. 

Far better dead gifts than half-alive things

Me personally, i have a cat and a dog and this never happens to me. In my opinion i  think that letting your cat enter or sleep the place you sleep, let alone bring dead things is just very wrong and unhealthy. I love my cat with all my heart but i would never ever allow her to do something like that. There are many ways cats show their love for you that do not involve dead corpses on your bed. This is wrong and unhealthy 

• Warren
      3 weeks agoReport

We never let our much loved pair of Ocicat girls roam outdoors unsupervised, they are totally indoor kitties and seem happy that way. As far as entering our bedroom, they have the run of the house and ALWAYS sleep in bed with us. Zero health problems for us, they never wake us up in the morning.

Yup. 

Can't see the love in being given half eaten or slowly dying animals or bugs. 

Definitely can't see how any of them can act so entitled when they let them loose because no your cretin of a creature is not a wild beast. 

Don't get mad when your loose pest of a pet gets picked up by animal control, flattened by a vehicle, or turned into a toy by a wild animal or a dog because its dumbass cocky self went into a dogs backyard.

• Warren
      3 weeks agoReport

We love our two Ocicat girls to pieces, and part of that love is keeping them safe by NEVER letting them roam outdoors unsupervised! They are totally indoor kitties and seem perfectly happy that way!

You haven't lived until a cat is proudly sitting on your belly purring loudly showing off the dead mouse it has just dropped on your chest.  Maybe its ewww to you, but not to me and evidently not to this lady.  Don't be such a woosy over a very natural behavior.

• Warren
      3 weeks agoReport

But cats allowed to roam freely outdoors face many hazards that indoor kitties are safe from. We love our pair of Ocicat girls way too much to risk letting the roam outdoors