Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 weeks ago

Details of the tsunami in japan?

I'm writing a novel which involves a huge catastrophe resulting in mass amounts of people washing up in a large body of water. I wanted To use the Japanese tsunami as a example of the bodies / health concerns and cleanup but nothing really seems to go into it. Does anyone have some resources? It doesn't have to be the Japanese tsunami but something about mass deaths in a society and some of the repercussions. I have the general bits, I'm interested in some detailed reports and studies. Thanks in advance.

Look up the December 26, 2004 earthquake and tsunami in Indonesia. More than 200k were killed.

I'm not sure what you mean by repercussions though. The only thing I can think of would be bad or failing infrastructure or lack of adequate warnings resulting in unnecessary deaths that could have been prevented.

You need to get off the internet and go to a library to do proper research like a writer should.