Is massage-therapy a decent career?

I'm considering this career because it has a lot 

of things going for it. It pays well. I get to be 

around candles/healing-stones and I may only 

have to work 25 to 30 hours/week. I guess my 

only concern is: I get tired easily so I have to 

build up my endurance. 

How can I increase my stamina? Advice Please. 

• Alex
    Favorite Answer

To answer your question about building up your stamina, start working out.  Do aerobic exercises.  Also, take a martial arts class (in addition to working out).

As for massage therapy, I am friends with a massage therapist.  He got formal training, and puts a good deal of ongoing effort into learning his trade...to classes and workshops, learns about fitness and nutrition.  I say that to let you know that the job is work.  He also puts in long hours sometimes and has an erratic work schedule that interferes with his social life (he has to be available based on his clients' needs, not his own needs).

Now, he loves his job and gets a great deal of satisfaction from it.  But if you're looking for something based on how easy it is, just tell yourself that nothing worthwhile is easy.

• Judy

yippee, the troll is back

• Yes, it turns out that massage therapists are significantly more happy with their jobs than many American workers. In comparison, only 51% of U.S. workers reported feeling overall satisfaction with their careers in a recent survey by The Conference Board

Licensed massage therapists don't do the New Age mumbo jumbo stones and candles.  They don't just open up shop either.  Along with learning techniques, they have to know the structure and function of all the muscles in the body.

YES AND U WOULD HAVE HAPPY customers..

There will be customers that want "more" than a massage.  Having to fight off that continually, makes the job very unsavory.