Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Do you think it is right if someone is blocked, that they can answer in someone's comments?

if they are blocked they should not be able to answer in the comments of someone's answer either. that is the purpose of having them blocked. 

please do not be rude

I agree with you Joe. I have blocked some and they go and answer on some of my questions and get real rude with me. I am a woman and someone calls me a man and sex offender and I am not a sex offender 

the reason I am anonymous is because some on here are very rude and nasty to me and I am tired of reporting them and they do nothing about it and they will write something very rude to me. one person had the nerve to call me a man which I am a real woman, I am a mom and that same person called me a sex offender which I am not a sex offender. I am tired of reporting that person. her name is LON and I read she starts with a lot of people

• Dr.Zin
    Favorite Answer

It is wrong because they use that to their advantage to continue bullying their victims 

That"s wrong, she must be so unhappy like most people that bully, just flag and ignore her, don"t read the post or reply she will find someone else to bully they always do. Your most likely not the only one she is bullying.

• Daniel

I dont think it is but we dont have any Control over that Part Sadly

• .

As annoying as that is, yes it's "fair" because the user whose comment they are posting under, doesn't have them blocked. They SHOULD be able to comment on the answer of anyone who doesn't have them blocked, and since they are allowed to do that it just also happens that they can make a post directed at the OP (even though it shows up under someone else's answer).

I can see that it would be annoying, but you can also look at it another way. Any comment made under another user's answer is supposed to be directed at that user, so no need to even look at those comments (that was another feature Yahoo added years ago, that was abused from the start - it's used more for insults and arguing, than useful comments on an answer posted by a user).

• SIR

No, it's not right.

Yes, I think it's right.  Anonymous propagandists keep blocking people just so no one can express views opposing their propaganda.  Anonymous people posting shouldn't be able to block anyone at all. 

Nevertheless, even when the questions are not posted anonymously, individuals should be able to respond to to answers with comments, regardless of whether they can answer.

Also, answer text boxes should not appear if a person is blocked.  

Yeah it seems a bit daft but weigh up the benefits of the initial block. So many have told me (in the comments section) that they composed a large answer, only to find they were blocked to post it. It always makes me laugh. I dont care about the comments, in fact when i'm bored, I'll often reply in kind with a whole bunch of equal insults