why do some sellers charge extortionate prices on ebay for their footwear/trainers?

like there's a pair of black rockport boots i want to buy on ebay, and the seller based in london, which is a small business-  is charging £165 for them...i can't afford them just yet, so they're on my watchlist...i will be able to afford them next week when i get paid....but; 165 pounds for a pair of boots??   not even the make rockport charges that much for its boots, i checked already.................plus; there is only one of these boots in my size, so i'll have to hope no one else buys them before i get the chance, as i really want these unique looking winter boots.

i'm a male in my early forties in the uk, any thoughts on this?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

A seller can set any price they like. If someone else is willing to pay, where's the problem? The only person who will suffer is you - you snooze, you lose.

Sorry, but that's the nature of commerce.

• Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes chances are they are out of stock so they over price the listing so that no-one buys them.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They're "unique looking", they're the only ones in your size, and you're willing to pay that much for them. They'd be idiots NOT to charge that much for them.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

So?  Sellers can set whatever price they want and then wonder why no one is buying them.  You aren't entitled to have them set the price at what you would like to pay Snowflake.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.