Sweet Red and White wines?

I know people love their dry wines, but does anyone know of medium bodied sweet, berry-like reds, and light bodied sweet peachy, melony, whites?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

White only or strong red.

No sweet!

My girlfriend brought sweet wine once. I got so pist I made her go back out to get it right. Especially if you are cooking with it.

• 2 weeks ago

Pink moscato all the way

• Ivan
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

Ewww I hate pink moscato!  White blue label or nothing.

• 2 weeks ago

Go to a wine store and ask for suggestions. If you have a place like BevMo or Total Wine, they are usually good because of the huge selection and good prices. If you are buying at a liquor store or grocery store, there might be a slight possibility of finding someone who knows wines, but more often than not you are on your own.

• David
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Not really a white wine drinker but there are some slightly sweet reds.  Zinfandel can have a little residual sugar.  They tend to be quite high alcohol and at some point the alcohol will kill off the yeast and stop the fermentation with a little sugar left.  Also Italian amarone wine can be sweet.  It's a bit like Sauternes (which can be very sweet) where the grapes are allowed to raisin a bit before harvest.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

There are no sweet red wines, not really a Malbec is probably going to be the lightest and sweetest of those.  As to white, try a Riesling or a Gewurztraminer.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Moscato ("the pink juice that makes Markie happy").  Gewürztraminer. White (it's actually kind of pink) Zinfandel.

• 2 weeks ago

RED WINE ALWAYS

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.