Sweet Red and White wines?

I know people love their dry wines, but does anyone know of medium bodied sweet, berry-like reds, and light bodied sweet peachy, melony, whites?

White only or strong red.

No sweet!

My girlfriend brought sweet wine once. I got so pist I made her go back out to get it right. Especially if you are cooking with it.

Pink moscato all the way

• Ivan
      2 weeks agoReport

Ewww I hate pink moscato!  White blue label or nothing.

Go to a wine store and ask for suggestions. If you have a place like BevMo or Total Wine, they are usually good because of the huge selection and good prices. If you are buying at a liquor store or grocery store, there might be a slight possibility of finding someone who knows wines, but more often than not you are on your own.

• David

Not really a white wine drinker but there are some slightly sweet reds.  Zinfandel can have a little residual sugar.  They tend to be quite high alcohol and at some point the alcohol will kill off the yeast and stop the fermentation with a little sugar left.  Also Italian amarone wine can be sweet.  It's a bit like Sauternes (which can be very sweet) where the grapes are allowed to raisin a bit before harvest.

There are no sweet red wines, not really a Malbec is probably going to be the lightest and sweetest of those.  As to white, try a Riesling or a Gewurztraminer.

• Mark

Moscato ("the pink juice that makes Markie happy").  Gewürztraminer. White (it's actually kind of pink) Zinfandel.

RED WINE ALWAYS