What do you think of functioning alcoholics?

Like people with advanced degrees from competitive schools with great jobs who still can’t go a day without getting trashed

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It will catch up to them.

• 3 weeks ago

on that path eventually they stop functioning. 

• 3 weeks ago

there's a lot of people like that, it's normal

• 3 weeks ago

I used to work with a guy who would have a 40 OZ beer hidden at his desk every day and whenever my boss wasn't around would take a swig.  He was great at his job so I never said anything.  Eventually, he couldn't do his job anymore and my boss had to let him go

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • KJC
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I don't think that is the definition of a functioning alcoholic, unless you mean they get trashed at home in private. So what do I think about that? They are deceiving themselves and everyone else. It is dangerous and sad.

• Mikey
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I think there is no such thing.

• 3 weeks ago

they need to be careful

• 3 weeks ago

NOT THRILLED....

• df3 weeks agoReport

What do you mean? Not thrilled because they are successful while still being able to get drunk?

• 3 weeks ago

Well, that describes one of my grandfathers. He never missed a day's work. His heart was in the right place, but he still ruined my mother's life, because he did not take care of her.

Also, there was a coworker who came to work stinking every day. One day, he didn't come in for several days, because he was dead. Barely 50 years old, what a waste, how sad.

• Mier
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Ill be honest, I have had issues with alcohol but I still manage to get a lot done. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.